CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
"Arthur R. McGee" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur R. McGee
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 09:50:07 -0800
OK, so I imagine that a few of the subscribers to this list are already
aware that the "controvery" concerning the Cholera vaccine that the U.S.
Army holds in it's possession, and is willing to give away, but which WHO
won't allow it to be, for whatever reason, was aired on the U.S. based
show known as "60 Minutes" Sunday evening.

Now, as a layperson, I'm asking if the doctors and other health
professionals on this list can give me more insight into the situation, as
well as your opinion as to whether the U.S. Army is correct in this case,
or whether WHO is correct in stopping it from being used?

Also, if there are any WHO officials or U.S. Army doctors on this list,
I'd especially like to hear your side of the story. Thank you.

Art McGee [[log in to unmask]]