CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
DKProj Mgt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:22:23 -0500
My one year project is nearly completed.

I have 22,000 pharmaceutical acronyms and abbreviations online so far.  I
know there are about 2000 more.  Could you tell people to search my engine
and tell me of any acronyms and abbreviations that are missing.  They must
be medical or pharma ones.

http://www.pharma-lexicon.com

The whole service is free and we make no profit.

Our whole team, over the last year have learnt html, java, php, mysql,
pearl. Many, within the last year have turned from simple pharmacists to
quite proficient web authors.  We have all done it for free, aiming to
learn a new skill.

We would love to hear your comments on how we have done (regarding web
authoring).  Our most difficult task was to keep trimming each page of
redundant url.  Only the other day I learnt that the paragraph tag is only
needed at the beginning of a paragraph, you do not need the backslash
paragraph code at the end.  As a result, one of us has the unenviable task
of taking them all out one-by one.

22,000 entries - their problems and solutions.

Christian Nordqvist
Pharma-lexicon International
http://www.pharma-lexicon.com
83 Filsham Road, St. Leonards-on-Sea