CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Cecil Hahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in International Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 15:00:24 -0500
REQUEST FOR HELP WITH A SUMMER PROJECT IN INDIA

  I'm a medical student at the University of Toronto, interested in
studying traditional Tibetan medical practice in Dharamsala during this
summer.  Specifically, I would like to investigate how traditional Tibetan
medicine, Western medicine and spiritual healing complement each other and
come into conflict in this community.

  I am seeking contacts in Dharamsala with whom I could discuss the
feasibility and details of such a study.  I would very much appreciate
knowing the names/addresses/fax #s/ email addresses of any traditional
and/or western medical practictioners, or contacts at NGOs, who are
currently working in that part of the world.  I would also value any other
advice on this project.

Thanks very much for your time and help,

Cecil Hahn.

Cecil Hahn       Medicine      University of Toronto      [log in to unmask]