From:
BARBARA L KASS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 08:16:45 -0600
On Tue, 21 May 1996, Eberhard Wenzel wrote:

> I am a bit confused about this smoking cessation program offered by Albert
> Zabloski.
>
> Is that a commercial enterprise?
> How much does he charge for his services and products?
> Don't we know that smoking is much more than just nicotene-dependency?
> And don't we know that it is almost impossible to get rid of
> nicotene-dependency within TEN days?
>

> Anyone out there who is able to provide more information?

As a former addict to nicotine (16 years at two packs a day), I quit back
in 1991 and it was eight months before I no longer felt depressed.  My
experience was that smoking is such a personal addiction that each person
has to use whatever methods work for him/her, use a number of different
ways (I used cutting back, nicotine gum, exercise, and just plain
stubbornness).  It took me three tries over four years before I finally
succeeded in 1991, but I think my recovery is complete.  I do not desire
cigarettes or nicotine, I have not replaced the addiction with anything
else (other than a healthier lifestyle), and other people smoking does
not make me crazy.  I would be skeptical of a packaged cure for this
addiction.

Barbara Kass