From:
Nancy Dubois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:14:20 -0500
Monica - with respect to your request for ideas related to Sustainability of
Health Promotion, you might find a resource that I and a colleague (Merle
Kisby) developed for use here in Ontario useful.  Send an email to Kara
Richardson at [log in to unmask] to sign up for the bulletin and access the
database (there is no cost).

The framework is built around 4 components of sustainability - sustaining
the health promotion issue, sustaining / integrating some programs,
sustaining the behaviour changes already made in a population, and
sustaining the most appropriate form a partnership to support the rest.  For
each of the 4 components there is a list of factors to use to practically
assess current operations and identify possible directions for the coming
year.

There is an Executive Summary and manual created around the conceptual
framework through the Heart Health Resource Centre here in Ontario but I am
not sure what the availability is outside of Ontario.  There may in fact be
a web-based resource soon as well.

Hope this is useful.  Please feel free to contact me directly if you would
like any further details.

Nancy Dubois
Health Communication Unit
Centre for Health Promotion
University of Toronto
(co-author of Heart Health Sustainability for Action workbook)

It was highlighted last week on the Ontario Health Promotion Email Bulletin
and can be found in the archived database of that publication via sending a
message to