From:
"Willet, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:41:38 -0400
I apologize in advance for any cross-postings.

Position: Health Promotion Consultant  (2)

Location: Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse, Toronto

The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is a health promotion and
prevention agency providing information, education, consultation and
networking services in English and French province-wide. OPC supports
organizations in partnerships with communities to stimulate and foster
health promotion. The Best Start Resource Centre: Maternal Newborn and Child
Health is a key program of OPC. OPC also functions as the Secretariat for
the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System.

We have two openings for consultants available:
1. One permanent opportunity for a consultant with skills and experience in
the area of maternal, newborn and child health to work with the Best Start
Resource Centre
2. One 3-month (November 15, 2001 - February 15, 2002) position for a
consultant with skills and experience to work with broad health promotion
practice.

Responsibilities:

· provide consultations and training across the province of Ontario to
support and assist diverse audiences in the development and implementation
of health promotion strategies
· research and develop presentations and presentation materials
· maintain relationships and partnerships with a range of community
organizations and health promotion professionals
· establish and develop new initiatives and partnerships
· monitor health promotion trends and issues
· develop, write and edit new resources, articles and proposals.

Qualifications

We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications:
· a graduate degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion
field
· comprehensive understanding of health promotion, preferably in Ontario
· demonstrated facilitation and training skills
· excellent written and verbal communication skills
· ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
· program planning and evaluation experience
· ability to work independently and as an integral team member
· strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic skills
· excellent oral and written proficiency French preferred
· competency to respond to Ontario's cultural and regional diversity

Candidates interested in the permanent position must demonstrate knowledge
and experience related to maternal, newborn and child health promotion.
Travel throughout Ontario is required.

Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by September 12,
2001 by 5 pm to:

Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, M5G 1Z8
fax: 416-408-2122

We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be
contacted.