From:
HUMRSPRI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 1996 11:25:26 -0400
Hi ! I am one of your European links . I have enjoyed reading the mail
but need to get organised . The summaries are very useful . Keep up the
good work. I really welcome the link with canada because it keeps me
remebering their are other people elsewhere that share our concerns
and aspirations. ( we have been suffereing from right wing approaches
and economic rationalisation for 17 years and the disbenefits in term so
health are rampant

To introduce myself I am Jane Springett Reader in  Health at Liverpool
John Moores university . We have a small research Institute and focus
on action research , evaluation and health promotion. We have a strong
commitment to dissemination and linking theory and practice.  We are
also host to the UK Health for All network which is the Healthy Cities and
Communities network of the UK. Email for the latter is
We have a homenews page for the Institute which will tell you more :
It needs updating but we are ( as ever short of resources) It is :

Http://www.livjm.ac.uk/university/academic/HUM/inst_health/

We offer a range of short courses and have our own Journal of
Contemporary Health which combines academic research papers with
more chatty stuff , interviews etc. including one with Marc Lalonde in a
back issue

Thats enough for advertising lets get on with the matter in hand.
There seems great potential with this mode of communication its jsut as
with everything getting over the barriers and the fear it might increase
the inequalities we are committed to reduce. Other organsiations have
used it effectively to lobby etc and I do not see what is to prevent us.

I look froward to more with interest

Jane Springett
Institute for Health
LJMU