From:
Canadian Association on Gerontology Administration <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:39:19 -0400
Canadian Association on Gerontology Webinar Series

Taking Advantage of a Crisis: Long Term Care

Dr. Dorothy Pringle
University of Toronto

Thursday, May 21, 2020
12:00-1:00pm Eastern time

Registration is free!
Register Now: https://form.jotform.com/93054581903256

If ever Sir Winston Churchill’s advice to “never let a good crisis go to
waste” was relevant, it is now. The effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on the
long term care sector in Canada has been described as a national disaster,
a tragedy, a national disgrace. Yet the makings of this disaster have been
in plain sight for years. Did we choose not to see them? If we did, why?

On May 21st, we will get together to examine the crisis in long term care,
explore what our responsibility is or should be to it and discuss where we
go from here in addressing it.

Dr. Dorothy Pringle
Dorothy Pringle is a professor emeritus in nursing at the University of
Toronto. Her background is in gerontological nursing with a special
interest in the quality of daily life of older people who live in
residential settings.

Dr. Pringle is the 2019 recipient of the CAG Distinguished Member award.