From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 23:13:58 -0500
                      Welcome to the early birds on CLICK4HP !

We would like to extend a warm welcome to this new list for discussing the
use of computer mediated communication (CMC) and Health Promotion.
Discussion will officially begin on May 1, 1996 when the list-serv is activated.

The listserv was conceived as a lead in to the workshop to be held at the
Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) Conference in Vancouver, BC on
July 3, 1996.
However, as there seems to be considerable interest in this area; we
anticipate the use of the list-serv for discussion beyond what could
possiblly be accomplished in a 1.5 hour session at the conference.

As we all venture out to explore our capacity to work together, without the
barriers of time and place, we will need to rely on each other for the
implications this new venue holds both in the literal and virtual realms.

From the abstract submitted to CPHA:
***********
Our workshop, Click Here for Virtual Health Promotion Networking, will show
how two organizations use electronic information technology (IT) and the
Internet, for community organizing and networking in health promotion.

The workshop will be both a 'real-time' and virtual dialogue, talking
together in one room and around the world through an Internet link.

Participants will be encouraged to raise concerns and discuss options for
applications in health promotion.  We will set up an electronic listserv
several months in advance of the CPHA convention, to debate these issues,
questions and share stories. Then, at the CPHA workshop we will set up the
list-serv on-site for workshop participants. They will be able to see the
results of months of discussion and join in this international electronic
dialogue on the implications of electronic networking for health promotion.
***********

We hope many of you participating in the list will be able to join us in
Vancouver on July 3rd at 10:30 am. to discuss, face-to-face, the
implications and possibilites this new venue holds for our work.

**To receive information about the conference in Vancouver please contact:

CPHA 400 - 1565 Carling Ave. Ottawa ON K1Z 8R1
Phone (613) 725-3769   Fax (613) 725-9826  (no e-mail address available)

For those who won't be able to attend in person, we hope you will contribute
your knowledge and insights, your dreams and creativity, your concerns or
cautions, to further our collective understanding of CMC for health
promotion. Your contributions will be shared with our collegues in Vancouver
and beyond as we explore together the use CMC as one more means of working
together toward a healthier society.

As we prepare to begin the list on May 1st we would welcome your ideas for
discussion. Please do not hesitiate to forward these to us.

Alison Stirling                          Liz Rykert
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse   Growing Up Healthy Downtown
1200 - 415 Yonge Street, Toronto   24 Wellesley Street E., Toronto
e-mail: [log in to unmask]           e-mail: [log in to unmask]

**Just a reminder for those who may have lost these instructions:

To unsubscribe to CLICK4HP send an email to [log in to unmask] in which you
leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message you have only
one line which reads:UNSUBSCRIBE CLICK4HP  Your-Name. Do not append a
signature file.
The software will capture your email address from the email header.

Again - Welcome...We look forward to lively discussion and new opportunites
for learning together.

Liz Rykert and Alison Stirling
Co-Facilitators - Click4hp