From:
Karen Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 13:43:02 -0800
I am a consultant, currently working with the BC Centre for Disease
Control (BCCDC) to create an inventory of health equity examples from
across Canada. We are interested in activities, programs, policies, tools,
or training resources that environmental public health (EPH) agencies are
using to incorporate health equity considerations into health protection
or environmental health programs.

We have collected stories from individual practitioners in the past. Now I
am looking to document examples that have been formalized in some way at
the local, regional, or provincial level that involve EPH or health
protection practitioners/departments (e.g., public health inspectors,
environmental health officers). Examples might include a specific
reference to health equity in a Health Protection plan, use of a health
equity impact assessment (HEIA), changes to programs to better serve a
specific population, etc.

Once identified, examples will be catalogued and analyzed for their
potential to be scaled up, adopted elsewhere, or adapted for use in other
jurisdictions.

Please contact me off list at 604.306.3571 or
[log in to unmask] if you have an example to share.

(Within the next month, I will also start gathering examples from other
public health sectors (specifics to be determined).