From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 01:14:07 -0400
CLICK4HP started in April and "went public" on May 1st. One of the first
roles for the list is provide virtual workspace lead-in to a literal
conference being held in Vancouver in July. Below is an edited version of
the focusing posting from facilitator Liz Rykert.
Date:         Thu, 4 Apr 1996 23:13:58 -0500
From:         Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>

Welcome to the early birds on CLICK4HP !

[This] listserv was conceived as a lead in to the workshop to be held at the
Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) Conference in Vancouver, BC on
July 3, 1996. From our abstract submitted to CPHA:
Our workshop, Click Here for Virtual Health Promotion Networking, will show
how two organizations use electronic information technology (IT) and the
Internet, for community organizing and networking in health promotion.

The workshop will be both a 'real-time' and virtual dialogue, talking
together in one room and around the world through an Internet link.

Participants will be encouraged to raise concerns and discuss options for
applications in health promotion.  We will set up an electronic listserv
several months in advance of the CPHA convention, to debate these issues,
questions and share stories. Then, at the CPHA workshop we will set up the
list-serv on-site for workshop participants. They will be able to see the
results of months of discussion and join in this international electronic
dialogue on the implications of electronic networking for health promotion.

CLICK4HP participants are invited to address the issues involved in this
focus as a contribution to the upcoming conference.