Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:36:36 +1100
Hello good people

I wonder if you might help me out. Here in Melbourne, the Department of
Human Services is working on a series of health promotion 'evidence-based'
resources. We have already produced six and are working on more:  Oral
Health, Adolescent Health, Falls Prevention, Child Injury Prevention, Body
Image - http://www.dhs.vic.gov.au/phd/ebhp/06bodyimage.htm  and Public
Health Nutrition (almost finished).

The next review is about the effectiveness and practical options for
integrating health promotion into the work of allied health workers, i.e.
dieticians, podiatrists, dental health nurses. The goal is to provide a
resource that practitioners could pick up and see a menu or list of health
promotion interventions that their colleagues had implemented as well as
how effective they had been.
   A second part of the review could include the infrastructure or systems
changes that were required for allied health practitioners to turn their
hands to health promotion.

We doubt that there is much published literature in this area.  A case
study could supplement the evidence.

Are you aware of any literature, review, document that could help to kick
start the project? Once we clarify the task we shall get the experts to
perform the review.

Alternatively, can you suggest a better way to approach the topic?

THANK YOU, much appreciated

Jiri
from Down Under

Dr. Jiri Rada
Senior Project Officer
Capacity Building, Public Health
Department of Human Services
18th Floor
120 Spencer St. Melbourne Vic 3000
Ph:   03 9637-4011
Fax: 03 9637-4695
Email: [log in to unmask]

This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify [log in to unmask]