From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 21:52:43 -0400
Greetings:

Click4hp has now been running for two weeks. I thought it might be timely to
send out a quick (and dirty ;-) summary of what has been happening on the
list. I have reviewed the postings to date. The findings are by no means
based on rigorous analysis. My apologies in advance to anything I might have
missed. Alison Stirling and I would certainly welcome any additional
observations or suggestions you may have. Sign on messages are most welcome
at anytime as we lay the ground work and parameters for the list.

So here is what I found:

As of May 13th there were 340 subscribers to the list, 80 of whom were
receiving the list in digest format.

35 messages of introduction - 3 developing analysis Cdn. Health system - 5
promoting literal events/workshops - 1 mobilisation effort - 5 specific
requests for information
- 9 postings sharing virtual resources - 6 facilitators lead postings - 7
postings sharing literal resources

The themes emerging as hopes for what might be accomplished by the list
included:
-furthering our understanding of use of the internet for Health Promotion
-good dialogue
-learning from each other
-supporting knowledge development and sharing
-health care technology assesment
-discussion of Cdn Health Care System
-sharing evaluation tools and methods
-sustainability
-community mobilisation and advocacy using the internet
-sharing lessons learned

Thank you to all those who have contributed to date...Please advise if these
occasional (and somewhat loose ;-) summaries are useful.

Cheers,
Liz Rykert
co facilitator/owner