From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:26:56 -0400
Forwarded Message:
From: Marit Christie <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:46:30 -0400
Subject: "HEALTH PROMOTION- Philosophy, Prejudice and Practice"
To: Multiple recipients of list HEALTH-PROMOTION

Dear friends and/or colleagues,
This is a book by professor David Seedhouse, Auckland (Wiley,1996-ISBN
0-471-939102).  I have been asked to review the book, but feel I need some
assistance!  I started out being pleased to see that he makes a pertinent criticism
of many questionable features in Health Promotion.  The author has some 300
references, which probably cover most of you.  I feel, however, that he is criticing
old-fashioned health education, not health promotion, and seems to have avoided
all professional discussions the last 10 years...., and does not come up with his
announced "new, positive, practical theory of health promotion".
Has anybody out there read it, seen a review of it, or do you have any comments?
Eagerly waiting for replies,  Marit Christie

Marit Christie
Norwegian Board of Health
P.O.Box 8128 Dep.
0032 Oslo, Norway