From:
Ruth Dow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 14:06:38 -0500
Hi,  I'm a new subscriber, a registered dietitian teaching at Eastern
Illinois University and directing our dietetic internship, which is a part
of our graduate program.
        Each summer I work 4-5 weeks as a volunteer in Latin America with a literacy
organization,
Alfalit International, Inc. in nutrition education and community
nutrition, with audiences ranging from health professionals, community
leaders to low literacy persons, especially poor women.  I have written 2
low-literacy nutrition booklets in Spanish which we are using in 20
countries. One booklet includes successful, simple, hands on techniques
for teaching nutrition.
        I am interested in making contacts in Latin American countries, in
materials in Spanish, especially low-literacy materials, and in effective
needs assessment and evaluation tools.  Ruth Dow