From:
"Potvin, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:27:53 +0000
On the heels of the municipal elections in Ontario Health Nexus and HC Link will be exploring how to work effectively with elected officials.

Join #HealthPromoChat next Tuesday at 3pm EDT to discuss tools and approaches to identify how we can put our positions forward and build effective relationships.

We have new municipal leaders. Now how can we effectively work with and engage them? Join in the #HealthPromoChat to discuss tools and approaches to identify how we can put our positions forward and build effective relationships.

Some questions we'll be exploring:

Q1 How do you determine elected officials' positions on the issues you are working on?
Q2 What methods/tools do you use to build relationships & communicate with elected officials?
Q3 What are good strategies for getting healthy policies on the political radar?
Q4 If you were to give advice on working with elected officials, what advice would you give?

Instructions for those wanting to join:

If you'd like to watch the discussion you can do so without an account by following this link:
https://twitter.com/#healthpromochat

In order to contribute to the discussion, you need to have a Twitter account. For an overview of what Twitter is, we recommend viewing this video: http://vimeo.com/757146 . For more information on how to join and participate in Twitter chats, you can view this guide from techsoup.org. http://npsocialmedia101.wikispaces.com/Twitter+Chat+How+to