From:
David Burman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 07:35:13 -0500
A bit of second hand information which might partly answer your question:
when my colleague, Cleo Boyd, was consulting with a collaborative group of
Canadian and Mexican social workers, it became clear to her that there was
no concept of "mental health" in Mexico as the Canadians understood it. The
reason seemed to be that for the Mexicans, mental health could not be
conceptualized as a separate entitiy from any other kind of health, except
as an abstraction.
David Burman
Toronto