From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 15:52:00 -0400
Dennis Raphael has sent two postings.

Unfortunately both postings had something in them that caused them to not be
posted.  I believe that the problem is that the messages had a "command"
function in them, in copying the previous message, such as the "To" field,
"Reply" field or "From" field.  My attempt to re-post the first message and
to summarize other unsuccessful postings with similar error messages, led to
my posting being returned.  I have much to learn about working on
list-servs!  So, trying again, here's Dennis' latest response to Karyn's
query.

 - Alison Stirling  [ [log in to unmask] ]

_________________________
From Dennis Raphael:

Re: advocacy, you may be interested in this paper.  It should be out in the
next J of Adolescent Health. Here is the abstract.

Journal of Adolescent Health (in press)

The Determinants of Health of North American Adolescents:
Evolving Definitions, Recent Findings, and Proposed Research Agenda

Running Head: Determinants of Adolescent Health

Key Words: Adolescent Health, Determinants of Health, Quality of Life

Correspondence to: Dennis Raphael, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of

Behavioural Science, University of Toronto, McMurrich Building, Toronto,
Ontario M5S 1A8

Abstract

The recent literature on the determinants of adolescent health is reviewed.
Four definitions of adolescent health are presented: successful transition
adulthood, successful coping, lack of mortality and morbidity, and healthy
behaviours
and risk avoidance.  The review of determinants of health is presented
within a
framework focused upon adolescent characteristics, aspects of adolescents'
immediate
environments, and adolescents' ongoing activities and aspirations. An
expanded framework which considers societal and structural factors and
adolescent
health is considered and a proposed research agenda presented.