Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:42:43 -0400
text/plain (76 bytes) , text/plain (408 bytes) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB)

Sorry about the Toronto-specific nature of this message, for those from afar.

Please re-distribute. A pdf version of this flyer is available at: http://www.saveourcity.ca/Flyer/Flyer1.pdf _______________________________________________________________________ Our City, Our Programs, Our Services See the real cost of the proposed City Budget Beating Back the Budget Blues Tuesday, April 17, 2001 Toronto City Hall 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. ­ Community Stage 12 noon to 1 p.m. ­ Rally for a People

Æs Budget Join with people from across Toronto to demand a People

Æs Budget to keep our communities healthy, inclusive and vital!! Rally for a People

Æs Budget Nathan Phillips Square 12 noon ­ 1 p.m. No service cuts and no privatization!! We demand the province and the federal government pay their fair share! Bring your banners! Light lunch to be provided Tell all levels of government to stop the cuts to: Recreation, Libraries, TTC, Arts, Public Health, Literacy, Housing, Grants Celebrate the Spirit of Community Community Stage 10 ­ 2 p.m. Nathan Phillips Square Continuous programming on the community stage ­ bringing you the best in the City

Æs entertainment and performance arts, and success stories from communities across the City. Bring Community Programs and City Services to City Hall!! 10 ­ 2 p.m. Nathan Phillips Square Come and participate in a wide variety of city run and city-sponsored programs and services. See literacy programs, women

Æs drop-ins, seniors, children

Æs and youth programs in action. Monitor the Policy and Finance Committee Meeting City Hall Committee Room #1 1 p.m. ­ evening The Policy and Finance Committee of City Council will be meeting on April 17th to consider massive cuts to the 2001 budget. We need to maintain a community presence all day. Talk to Your City Councillor!! Toronto City Hall Rotunda 10 ­ 2 p.m. While you

Ære down at City Hall, join a delegation to share your concerns about the budget cuts with your Councillor. Come to the Save Our City table in the Rotunda, for all the information you

Æll need before meeting your councillor. These events are sponsored by the Save Our City Campaign, which was initiated by social justice coalitions and community groups, to build opposition to city budget cuts. We demand that city councillors draw a line in the sand and demand a fair deal from the Province and the Federal government to save quality public programs and services in our City. To get involved, please call the Save Our City campaign office at (416) 351-0095 ext. 258, and visit www.saveourcity.ca