From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 08:41:37 -0400
Welcome to click4hp! A new list located in Canada to discuss Health
Promotion. As one of the listserv facilitators I wish to extend greetings to
all those who have subscribed.

Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself to others in this shared
environment.

I am a coordinator of a large health promotion project in downtown Toronto
called Growing Up Healty Downtown (GUHD). It is an eight agency
collaborative project with the goal of improving health outcomes for young
children funded by Health Canada. To coordinate the project we created a
virtual workplace and put all the people working on it on the internet. Over
the last eighteen months I have aquired the skills of a computer conference
facilitator and have since supported many others to begin using computer
mediated communication (CMC). I meet regularly with groups interested in
understanding how to begin to incorporate CMC in their work without seeing
it as an add on. Understanding how CMC transforms the way we work is a
priority for me.

On the lighter side I enjoy making a break for the north any time I get the
chance. Canoeing and cross country skiing are my passions and I love to cook!

Welcome!

Liz Rykert
(416) 927-8500