From:
Michelle Sangster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 18:23:48 -0400
I read with interest the comments on advocacy, the internet and community
mobilization.  I am working on a community consultation process with a
rural population on tobacco policy.  In a meeting of our local
internet network, many of the subscribers were from the rural areas.
Since this is the population we are trying to reach, I am posting a notice
about an upcoming public meeting on our local network - with my e-mail
address.  I am curious to see if there is any response.  These discussions
have prompted me to see if our local Reeve's  have an e-mail
address.   I will let people know what the results are - maybe this will prove
to be an easier way for people to voice their opinions.

Michelle Sangster
Tobacco Use Prevention Coordinator
Perth District Health Unit