From:
Mike Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 09:28:18 +0000
One of the most difficult problems I have in using listservs like
this are not knowing my audience, being uncertain of the norms
governing interaction, and as a consequence of the foregoing being
afraid of making a fool of myself.  Oh yes, there is also the fear of
revealling my spelling and grammer difficulties.  I also fear being
misunderstood, that someone will be offended by something I write
because of the way in which they interpret the words.

Do others share these concerns?  If so do you have any ideas as to
how we can deal with them, short of therapy?  I know that the next
thing I will do is to request the list of people who have subscribed
by sending the command "REVIEW" to the [log in to unmask] (correct
procedure?).  At least this will give me an idea of who is out there.

I think Liz and Alison have done us a great service by getting this
listserv up and running.  Now it's up to us to take advantage of the
opportunity it provides for sharing and creating knowledge and build
new partnerships.

Mike Nelson,  Lantzville, B.C.
Mike Nelson
NHN Consulting Group