From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:13:55 -0400
I am interpreting the silence as a go ahead with the the proposal to have
some structured discussions on the topics proposed. As always, feedback and
comments are welcome.

Topic One: Establishing Electronic Workplaces and Communities - June 14-19

As health promoters we often begin our work with established communities and
join workplaces, although there always exceptions. As we begin to
incorporate the virtual venue in our daily lives we need to recognize the
change this represents...and doesn't.

What has been your experience in creating on-line workplaces or communities?
If you haven't had this expereince yet you have just experienced the
creation of one so you could comment on this.

Are there lessons we could share with others interested in exploring this area?

What are the implications for participation, access, learning, health?

Does the technology merely reproduce the power relations and inequities in
our communities or does it provide alternatives?

Make your comments on any or all of these questions or add your own as we
move along. If I have set the pace for the discussion too fast or too slow
let us know we can adjust it at anytime.

Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>