From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:31:01 -0500
Colin Soskolne, the past-Chair of the International Joint Policy
Committee of the Societies of Epidemiology (IJPC-SE) is championing a
"founding donors" effort in which the are rounding up at least 500
founding donors (donating as little as US $10) to establish a basis for
going for foundation funding. Here is the appeal from Colin. His contact
information is at the bottom of this email.

This is a modest founding donor appeal for establishing the
/International Joint Policy Committee of the Societies of
Epidemiology/ (IJPC-SE). Our medium-term goal is to establish an
endowment such that the /Joint Policy Committee/ (as we affectionately
refer to ourselves) can survive off the investment income as an enduring
counterweight to ideological and/or moneyed influence in policies
impacting health. Before these applications to foundations are
submitted, our immediate goal is to have at least 500 *founding donors*.
Presently at 383, we need at least another 117 new donors.

So, without I hope appearing too crass, please help a little by donating
as little as US $10 at the following link
https://www.ijpc-se.org/?p=donation. With a major credit card in front
of you, the whole process should take no more than 2 minutes to do;
PayPal is also an option. Having your names on the founding donor list
will also encourage others to donate as a mechanism to demonstrate
solidarity with our mission​ (see www.ijpc-se.org
<http://www.ijpc-se.org>)​. In addition, if you can, please encourage
those in your networks (i.e., colleagues, family and friends) to also
support us as this will be a great help in securing our future. We need
as many individuals to donate as possible before we can start to
approach philanthropic foundations; the larger our founding donor pool,
the more competitive and credible will be our applications to these
foundations.

I remain hopeful that at least another 117 *founding donors* will be on
board by year-end to bring us to the 500 level such that I then can, in
January, start the process of applying with credible and competitive
applications to philanthropic foundations to establish the needed
endowment. After that is accomplished, I then plan to get back to doing
more epidemiology and less fundraising! All the help that you and your
networks can provide by encouraging donations as small as US $10 each
will be welcome at https://www.ijpc-se.org/?p=donation. We are getting
there, one donation at a time! If you are interested to see who has
donated, with our policy on transparency, all donors are visible at this
link and then on the DONATIONS TO DATE button.

All the best for the Season and throughout 2018!​

Colin L. Soskolne <http://www.colinsoskolne.com/>, Ph.D.
Professor emeritus, University of Alberta, Canada
Adjunct Professor, Health Research Institute, University of Canberra,
Australia
Fellow, American College of Epidemiology
Fellow, Collegium Ramazzini

Mobile: +1 (780) 966-6498
​Landline: +1 (514) 281-0314​

Immediate Past-Chair, IJPC-SE <https://ijpc-se.org/>
Chair, IJPC-SE Development Committee

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B0pIQB6nNXd8ekFVS2lCVk0zS28&revid=0B0pIQB6nNXd8QVpneWVhM3ZDMTF3UGIwS05ERmM1Sk4zc1FJPQ
<https://ijpc-se.org/>

/Health for all through ethical, independent and transparent science
/
*DONATE IJPC-SE
<http://ijpc-se.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9da57318786cb7a229f6b404&id=829ef07b20&e=6ad644e1ff>*

Posted by: Sam Lanfranco

--
"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius