From:
Judy Mcgarvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 01:48:28 -0300
Ann Cogdon--good for you. Alan Mcfarlanes  hints about Nova Scotia's Heart
Health  seemed to imply inferior. With ire rising there are good ideas and
creative planners in Nova Scotia. The NS Nurses Union developed an excellent
plan and our inept money grabbing, health care decimating government would
not even consider it.
      Many people in Nova Scotia care about health care and have the vision
of health for all, but it is a deception of the government, as too little
money is being provided to make the plans an acceptable standard of care. eg
what good is 4 hrs home care to someone who is bedridden? I had a patient
ask me if it was the plan to let older people not be treated as a cost
saving manouver. How can you answer that honestly when the services have so
many gaps in the rural areas?
Rural areas seem like second class citizens in the eyes of our NS government
some patients vocalize to me. Some can't go to the regional centers due to
lack of money or transportation for certain diagnostic procedures that at
one time were done in our rural communities.The health Reform people say
nothing of that. Rhhhh!

Enough said. I could go on and on. To what avail.

NB. there are many CREATIVE THINKERS AND DEVELOPERS  IN NOVA sCOTIA. ITS IS
JUST A SHAME THERE ARE FEW IN GOVERNMENT.

The people of Nova Scotia would back Health reform with the example being
Heart Health if they had demonstrated trust in the powers that be but that
will take a long time to rejuvenate as they are forever doing with less and
being told there are no gaps and  things are going according to plan. Their
concerns are being ignored. Idealists live in a bubble. And patient care
suffers.

Heart health and health promotion fills a need.I follow this list to get ideas.

Enough said.

Judy McGarvey RN ENC(C) TnCC CCP
Boonies of Nova Scotia.

Keep well and safe!