From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:17:24 -0400
Greetings,

Peggy Shultz has summed up very nicely a number of areas we could address
through the list(thanks Peggy!)...for those out there in the lurking mindset
read on, for those who want to jump in please do -  anytime is a good time.

I would like to propose we spend some time, in stages, on the areas Peggy
has highlighted as important to the work of Health Promotion.

It would work like this - we begin with one topic discuss it for a few days
and then summarize and move on to topic two and so on ... I think there are
a number of key concepts she has identified.

How about the following...

Topic One: Establishing Electronic Workplaces and Communities - June 14-19

Topic Two: The Relationship between Literal and Virtual Communities - June 20-25

Topic Three: Ensuring Access and Equity in the On-line World - June 26-30

Peggy has raised many issues for us ... these are the three that stood out
for me.
We can work in the subheadings as we define the discussion. I would welcome
volunteers interested in leading the discussion on any of these topics. I'll
get the first one going in a second post after we have a day to let
click4hper's comment on the idea.

Hopefully this may lead to our achieving...
> "to increase the capacity of workers in health promotion to
>respond to the new environment"

with a degree of comfort and ease...and raising our sensitivity to:
>discussion about the changing world of work for health promoters and
>communities.

Our role(s) vary by setting, project, virtual or literal...how we choose to
define our roles on-line now and in the future will be critical.

Please post your response to this suggestion to the list or as email to
myself <[log in to unmask]> or my co-facilitator Alison Stirling

And Peggy...thanks for your thoughtful questions ;-)

Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Liz Rykert, Coordinator, Growing Up Healthy Downtown, Family Service
Association of Metro Toronto; Tel (416) 927-8500; fax (416) 927-8291
facilitator: <bright.futures.net>,<guhd.net>, <act.cuts.ont>
http://community.web.net/act.cuts.ont; co-owner: <[log in to unmask]>
                    email: <[log in to unmask]>