Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:39:35 -0700
Hello

I have two questions regarding health literacy which we define as,
"the ability to access, understand, evaluate and communicate
information as a way to promote, maintain and improve health in a
variety of settings across the life-course" (Rootman &
Gordon-El-Bihbety, 2008)".

First, if you had a Venn diagram with three circles: health
education, health promotion and health literacy, what would it look
like?  (i.e., the degree of overlap of the domains).

Second, what would you place among the top ten 'facts' regarding
health literacy? (i.e., things like its importance, relations to
behavior or health, or other determinants of health, etc, etc.)  What
you place on a Health Literacy Information Sheet for decision makers.

Hope my questions are not too much.  All responses are greatly
appreciated and I'm happy to compile and share them.  Jim

Dr. Jim Frankish
Professor, Human Early Learning Partnership, College for
Interdisciplinary Studies, UBC
Professor, School of Population & Public Health, UBC; Director,
Centre for Population Health Promotion Research
Member, National Research-Training Program on Population Health Interventions
Senior Scholar, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (Past)
Room 425, School of Population & Public Health (formerly Library
Processing Centre) 2206 East Mall Vancouver BC V6T 1Z3
O: 604-822-9205, C: 778-987-9205; F: 822-9228 [log in to unmask]
http://www.jimfrankish.com; http://blogs.ubc.ca/frankish/