From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2017 13:15:09 +0000

From: Tim Ehlich [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 3:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Invitation: Waterfront Summit in Toronto, Oct. 27/28 - public health stakeholders needed

Hi everyone:

I just wanted to share an event invite with this group. On Friday/Saturday Oct. 27/28, stakeholders from across Toronto’s waterfront are coming together for the city’s first-ever Waterfront Summit<http://www.waterfrontforall.ca/waterfrontsummit> at the Globe and Mail Centre. The event will feature thought-provoking speakers (including former mayor David Crombie and Broadbent Institute’s Alejandra Bravo), Pecha Kuchas and a series of workshops on waterfront issues.

As public health is or should be an important aspect of waterfront planning, I would like to encourage members of this list to participate. Toronto’s waterfront serves many purposes, including housing, recreation and transportation. Reducing pollution and increasing active transportation with all its health benefits are just two planning aspects to come to mind. Your participation would greatly enhance the dialogue.

The event starts Friday evening, with the workshops (that include panels) taking place on Saturday. I will facilitate a workshop on waterfront and climate change, for which we are actually one panelists short. You can find out more and get your tickets ($25, lunch included) here<http://www.waterfrontforall.ca/waterfrontsummit> – or send me a direct email if you are interested in a complimentary ticket. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Tim Ehlich

[cid:image001.jpg@01D349B5.D6E7F3B0]

Tim Ehlich
Communications Manager | The Atmospheric Fund
416-393-6382 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
@AtmosphericFund<https://twitter.com/atmosphericfund> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AtmosphericFund/> | taf.ca<http://www.taf.ca/>

For low-carbon news & views, subscribe<http://taf.ca/80x50-sign-up/> to TAF's 80X50 blog & e-news