From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 16:39:00 -0400
Welcome to all the new subscribers to CLICK4HP!
CLICK4HP 'officially' started on May 1st 1996, with the list-serv being
available since early April. There are now over 120 people from around the
world who are taking part in this list-serv discussion on health promotion
and the use of computer-mediated communications.

We, the co-facilitators of the list-serv, hope that you will take a few
minutes to let us know who you are, your interests and ideas, and a little
about yourself. If you could include your e-mail address at the end of your
message it would help people to get back to you directly.

In the past 5 days there have been a few postings and queries from people
sharing information about new publications, activity on other list-servs,
programs and seeking ideas for
research, presentations and practice. And delightfully, quite a few
introductions to
participants on the list serv!  Keep those comments, ideas, questions and
sign-ons coming.

 - Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
 ---------------------

There was an inquiry about: Theories of motivation to change behaviors,
 which generated several responses.  Unfortunately two of those responses
did not appear on the general posting due to an address error - they are
copied below.

____________________________________
from [log in to unmask]>
Re: Theories on motivation to change behaviors

From:          patricia grant higgins <[log in to unmask]>
 Re: Theories on motivation to change behaviors

> Anyone out there that can help me a suggestion for a theory or conceptual
> framework to guide research with women as to why they do what they do?
> The second call for help is a theory/theories on motivation to change
> poor health behaviors.  Thanks.

I thought this list was for discussion of the use of computer
mediated communication in health promotion?

This message might get a better response if sent to a list such as
Health-Promotion ([log in to unmask]) or Health-for-all

Martin...
Dr Martin White
Senior Lecturer in Public Health
Department of Epidemiology & Public Health
The Medical School
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
NE2 4HH
United Kingdom

Telephone:              +44 (0)191 222 6275
Fax:                    +44 (0)191 222 8211
Telex:                  (53654) UNINEW G