From:
Susan MacMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 08:06:48 -0600
I am Susan MacMillan and I have come into the world of health promotion and
computers through a project called Health In Action.  I began my involvment
with it when I was working as a research associate at the University of
Lethbridge.  I am now working on various contracts and this continues to be
one of them.  Health In Action is an internet site
(www.health-in-action.org/) that includes a database of health promotion and
injury prevention programs and research from around the province.  At this
point it has a provincial focus and is funded by Alberta Health.  I am also
working on a contract with the Chinook Health Region (remember Ralph Klein's
health reform?) through which I am promoting active living, healthy eating,
and self esteem.  This provides an opportunity to encourage practitioners
throughout the region to access the internet and the world of information
available through it.  This includes Broadway and London West End theatre
listings.

My academic background includes a Commerce degree from Dalhousie University
(yes, I am a Maritimer), a Masters in Physical Education from the University
of New Brunswick, and am struggling to write the third draft of my PhD
dissertation through the University of Alberta.  Playing a role in Will
Rogers Follies is so much more fun!

It is good to meet you all.
Susan

---
Susan MacMillan            e-mail: [log in to unmask]
The University of Lethbridge