SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Tanya Halsall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2022 11:15:36 -0400
Hello Social Determinants of Health Community,

I am a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research and I am conducting some research examining implementation fidelity and lifestyle drift related to the Icelandic Prevention Model. In collaboration with Public Health New Brunswick, we developed a survey that is designed to examine experiences of lifestyle drift in upstream prevention and health promotion initiatives and we have been distributing it to partners working in the field. I thought this group might have some folks who would be interested in providing their input. Here is our recruitment text and survey link:

Are you involved in health promotion or upstream prevention efforts? In your work, have you experienced any challenges related to lifestyle drift*? If yes, we are interested in learning from you. We are collecting a research survey examining issues related to lifestyle drift in health promotion and upstream prevention. Please click on the link if you are interested in participating: https://carletonu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_73w9V7gdqiFeZdI

*Lifestyle drift: the tendency for health promotion initiatives to begin with a focus on upstream social determinants that can reduce health inequity at the population level only to drift downstream to target individual behaviour change.

This is our first stab at developing a way to monitor and mitigate lifestyle drift, so I would be very interested in general feedback on the tool as well.

Thanks!!
Tanya

Tanya Halsall PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow
Pronouns: She/her
Youth Research Unit

1145, ave. Carling Ave.
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada K1Z 7K4

University of Ottawa
Institute of Mental Health Research

Institut de recherche en santé mentale de l'Université d'Ottawa