SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:51:33 -0500
Childcare & Early Learning Conference
November 12th to 14th, 2004 - Winnipeg Convention Centre

Childcare and early learning researchers, policy makers, activists and
early learning and childcare practitioners, as well as those with a broader
interest in social development, social policy and social justice from
across Canada will meet in Winnipeg for a major policy conference.

Today we know that early learning and childcare is a social and economic
driver for many interconnected issues: it is integral to lifelong learning
and healthy child development, and to a sound and prosperous economy; it
has significant implications for women's equality, effective labour
strategies, and ameliorating poverty; and it contributes to flourishing
cities and strengthens social equity. High-quality childcare and early
learning strengthens our social foundations ? it benefits children, women,
parents, families, and communities ? ultimately, it benefits all Canadians.

This exciting pan-Canadian conference will feature inspiring and
knowledgeable speakers, while providing ample time for a rich dialogue and
debate. It is expected that the conference will play a key role in
influencing public policy and public perceptions about early learning and
childcare and help set the agenda for the next decade.

More information will be posted on CCSD website at www.ccsd.ca as it
becomes available.

If you have any questions, please contact Golden Planners Inc. at (613)
241-9333, by fax at (613) 565-2173, or by e-mail at

Join the CCSD

Our members' commitment to the CCSD helps us to distribute - free of charge
- most of our published material through our website. To become a CCSD
Member, please visit our membership page.