SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:19:22 -0500
As can be expected, members are already raising concerns about:

1.  messages intended for me, the owner ([log in to unmask]) being sent to
the list.

If you hit reply, the message goes to everyone.  Specific messages intended
for me should be sent to me, specific messages to others should be sent to
the specific individual or individuals. It was particularly illuminative to
see multiple people complaining
to the entire list about people sending messages to the entire list!  :-)

2.  Away from office messages

I will be setting up a number of filters to try and stop list members from
receiving these messages.  This will be in place by Tuesday, as well as a
number of other features to facilitate list-serve use.

Remember, this is a voluntary effort on the part of all of us. I am not
getting paid or being promoted to full professor for doing this.

Having said all this, I urge list members to be pateint with the foibles of
others. ALL of us will be guilty of these occasional lapses.  I am
confident that the odd error needs to be balanced against the benefits that
will accrue from being connected to the world of social deterninants of
health.

If your stressful life makes these occasional errors or lapses intolerable,
it may be best to not be a member of any list-serve.

dennis raphael