SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:52:50 -0500

Dear Friends,

We are writing to announce our new website - The Social Medicine Portal
(www.socialmedicine.org) - which is devoted to promoting the principles and
practice of social medicine.  Our goal in developing this site is to put
readers in
touch with some of the diverse international resources available for health
activists and those interested in the interactions between health and
society.

The site contains many links, as well as a few documents and presentations.
The material is divided into the following pages

New to Social Medicine (an introduction)
Materials for students
Health Activism
Social medicine A to Z
Learning more about social medicine
Community Health
Latin American Social Medicine

We are just starting to post materials and would be happy to include
materials that you might think are germane.

We hope you will find our site useful and would appreciate any comments.

Finally, many kudos to Dennis Raphael for the good work with the SDOH
listserve.  (It's listed on our site of course).

Best regards,
Matt Anderson
Department of Family and Social Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine