SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Bill Worrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:09:01 -0500
** Low Priority **

I am getting OUt Of Office messages through the listserv ....got 3
today

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/19/04 01:00PM >>>
I am inclined to go with this procedure, suggested by a list member.

"My experience suggests that there are 2 kinds of inquiries, narrow
and
board
(relative to the topic of the list). Narrow might be , "I'm looking for
very specific bit of info (person, etc.)" which should go to the
person
exclusively. But the broader types of queries, e.g., research on health
and
poverty, are what make listservs interesting and useful. It's this flow
of
info (which I can look in on as I like) that can make a list a
learning
community."

"How can anybody not want to hear about poverty and health?" :-)

I would add "ME TOO," I want to hear from ALL of YOU.  So,

Please send general responses to the listserv. USE YOUR JUDGMENT

Please send very specific responses such as registrations for
conference,
request for papers, etc. to the specific persons.

Remember, if you just hit REPLY, the message goes to everyone.
I have the YORK computer people working hard to get "SDOH" inserted
into
the
message headers. Until it appears automatically, please insert SDOH
manually into
SUBJECT area of your postings.

It appears that "Out of Office" and Mailbox full responses are going
only
to me.
If this is NOT the case, please let me know.

   Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
   Associate Professor & Undergraduate Programme Director
   School of Health Policy & Management
   Atkinson Faculty of Liberal & Professional Studies
   York University
   4700 Keele St.
   Toronto ON M3J 1P3
   Ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22134
   Fax: 416-736-5227
   E-mail: [log in to unmask]
   Website:
http://quartz.atkinson.yorku.ca/QuickPlace/draphael/Main.nsf/

SIGNOFF SDOH

For a list of SDOH members, send the following to [log in to unmask]:
REV SDOH

To receive messages only once a day, send the following to
SET SDOH DIGEST