SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:30:12 -0500
If you have interest in this, please contact   Linda Dutcher
for the entire message. It is important, but may not be of interest to all
members.

From: Linda Dutcher <[log in to unmask]>

I am forwarding (by cut-and-paste) the following, which I received
through the New Mexico Public Health Association listserve.  The
deadline for submitting comments is February 4, 2004, ten days from now.

ld
-----------------

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM DOLORES HERRERA RE: RIGHT TO KNOW.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is proposing options to change
the scope of public reporting under
the TRI, the nation's best known community right-to-know law for toxic
pollution.  Many of the options are items sought
for years by industry, some of which have little to do with burden
reduction but which could have a big impact on the
scope and usefulness the TRI.  Only one or two options would improve TRI
reporting without reducing public
information. I am working with a colleague Gregory Green to get the word
out to you as a concerned citizen and/or within
the health, environmental and public interest realm. Should you choose to
submit comments to EPA opposing proposed Toxics
Release Inventory (TRI) rollbacks there are instructions for submitting
comments to EPA online, and articles that further explain the
issue. I have attached letter that I am submitting.

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 4th, 2004
Please forward this to others. Let us know if you can send in a comment.

Gracias,
Dolores Herrera

Thanks,

dennis