SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
ADELINE FALK-RAFAEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:50:27 -0400
I asking people on the listserv around the world to take action on this.
Hopefully we can get a coordinated effort going around the world next week
and I will keep you posted. In the meantime, I know this listserv has as its
members people who are interested in human rights and any action you
consider appropriate would be helpful.

There are templates of letters to use below if you wish, and a website for
more information.

Adeline

Many of you have already heard of the 5 Bulgarian nurses and 1 physician
who are facing execution on what seem to be trumped up charges in Libya in
November. Urgent action is required to protest and, hopefully prevent, this
atrocity.

Below is a letter I sent to the Canadian Prime Minister and Minster of
Foreign Affairs. I have copied in my own Member of Parliament, Aileen
Carroll. Please feel free to use any or all of the letter to send your own
letter. Letters from Canadians should continue to go to the Prime Minister
and Minister of Foreign Affairs but please substitute your own Member of
Parliament for Minister Carroll.  To find the email address of your MP,
click on:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/senmemb/house/members/CurrentMemberList.asp?Lan
guage=E&Parl=38&Ses=1&Sect=hoccur&Order=PersonOfficialLastName

For those of you from other countries, you will know the best people to
contact to urge your government to action.

If you wish more information or wish to send your own letter to Muammar
al-Gadafi, please go to:

http://www.nursingadvocacy.org/news/2005oct/17_libya.html

I have also copied in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, the
Canadian Nurses Association, and the International Council of Nurses. You
may wish to copy in others instead of or as well as these groups.

Adeline