SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:12:55 -0500
For those who missed this...

http://www.healthcouncil.ns.ca/publications/determinants.html

dr
----------------------------------
The Life Cycle Review

 One of the duties of the Provincial Health Council is to report to Nova
Scotians about their health status and how they compare to others. For
additional information please follow the links indicated.
The council decided to carry out this task using a "determinants of health"
(119 k PDF download) approach and report to Nova Scotians about their
health status within a life cycle pattern. In order to do this we have
divided
the life cycle into four parts: children & adolescents, young adults
(roughly
20-45), mature adults (roughly 45 - 65), and senior citizens (over 65).
The council has developed a series of indicators within each of the
determinants to help us measure the health status of Nova Scotians. Below
are links to the completed indicator reports. In the spring we will be
releasing
our first report of five for our life cycle review process. This report
will focus
on the health status of children and adolescents.

      Biology & Genetic Endowment
      Culture
      Education
      Employment and Working Conditions
      Gender
      Health Services Available
      Healthy Child Development
      Income & Social Status
      Personal Health Practices & Coping Skills
      Physical Environment
      Social Environments
      Social Support Networks

Reports are in PDF format. They can be viewed with the free, downloadable
Adobe Acrobat Reader .