SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Joseph Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:01:29 -0500
Check out the Community Food Security Coalition at
http://www.foodsecurity.org/

They do lots of work around similar issues.

Nationally in the US there are a number of farmers' markets that can accept
Food Stamps as payment.  I've always been under the impression that this
isn't very well utilized, but I don't have any data to support that in hand.

Also check out: http://www.ams.usda.gov/farmersmarkets/

And this USDA Report "Improving and Facilitating a Farmers Market in a
Low-Income Urban Neighborhood:  A Washington, DC, Case Study" which is
halfway down this page:
http://www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/publications.htm

Take care,

-- Joseph Lee <[log in to unmask]>