SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2022 15:49:00 +0000
From: Nick Saul <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 10:30 AM
To: Dennis Raphael
Subject: Food is a basic human right

Hi Dennis. Hope you're well. In the din of the food charity noise, I thought this interview I did on CBC last week — keep the focus on income, public policy and the human right to food — might be of interest to the SDOH list.

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-39-metro-morning/clip/15952294-charity-eradicate-food-insecurity.-canada-needs-tackle-poverty

Best, Nick.
--

Nick Saul (he/his)
CEO

Community Food Centres Canada operates and partners with food organizations from coast to coast to coast, which are the lands of First Nations, Inuit, and Metis who have been and continue to be in a reciprocal relationship with the lands, waters, and all beings. This relationship has been embedded in gratitude and respect since time immemorial. The national office of CFCC in Toronto is on the territory of the Wendat, Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, and Mississaugas of the Credit. It is now also home to many First Nations, Metis, and Inuit.
<http://www.myfoodhero.ca><http://www.chefsforchange.ca>
<http://www.restaurantsforchange.ca/>