From:
Pat Gunning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:48:16 -0400
Roy, you claim that my concept of models is confused and out of date. I
simply followed what I understood to be DeLong's definition. DeLong
referred to models by Prescott, Say, Mill, Bagehot, Wicksell, Fisher,
Hicks, Metzler, Friedman, Tobin--Keynes. I merely used the term "models"
in what I perceived to be the same way.

I am not in a good position to find the references you describe.
However, I was able to download two recent papers by Mary Morgan and it
seems to me that she uses the term in more or less the same way that
DeLong and I have. Please tell me more specifically what you have in
mind. An internet reference would be best for me.

For some elaboration on my message, please see my reply to Sumitra Shah.

Models and Modelling in Economics
Mary S. Morgan* and Tarja Knuuttila**
*LSE& University of Amsterdam
**University of Helsinki

# /The World in the Model./  (Forthcoming CUP, 2010, under final revision)
Chapter 1: "Modelling as a Method of Enquiry" link here
<http://www2.lse.ac.uk/economicHistory/pdf/Morgan/Morgan%20Chap1%20Modelling%20as%20a%20Method%20of%20Enquiry.pdf>

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

--
Pat Gunning