From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2020 11:28:11 -0400
"Iconic" has to be "Jim Smiley & His Jumping Frog," right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather teach "Hadleyburg" or "Cannibalism in the
Cars" or the "Boy" stories or "A True Story" or "Eve's Diary," or any
number of other things, but I feel like the resilient popularity of
"Jumping Frog" is the reason Twain has to be on such a list.

- MS

--
Matt Seybold
Assistant Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies