Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jul 2015 10:33:33 -0700
Being a geographer I am fascinated by Twain's locations.  I am currently
attempting to map his route across North America at the outset of his
1895 tour.  I've finished a video on the very first step, the train ride
from Elmira to Salamanca, about one third of the way to Cleveland.  My
video is not so much about Twain but about some of the history along the
route. The video basis is a Google Earth tour of the train line.

https://youtu.be/PH5awpMVlEE

Here is a link to my Youtube video for anyone that may be interested. It
rouns about 30 minutes.

I don't have definitive information on the route.  All I've seen written
is that the party left Elmira on a west bound train for the Pacific
coast with a first stop in Cleveland.  If anyone has better information
on just what the route was, I would be glad to incorporate it.

--
 There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of
                          in your philosophy.