Sender:
From:
David Hoopes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:01:35 -0500
Dear Ms Dorman:

I'm not a twain scholar, so there may be something out there, though I have
not seen it. I believe  once, in surfing Amazon.com, I stumbled on a mystery
novel in which Twain was a detective with a famous Englishman as a partner,
but I have no way of tracking it down, if in fact my memory is not betraying
me. A name, the way, I have not seen mentioned in the Forum discussions of
MT impersonators is David Grant, a former schoolmaster in Vermont and
presently executive director of a New Jersey foundation. David is extremely
good.

I have been working on a novel about a fictitious Sam Clemens and double(?)
fictitious Huch Finn growing up together in Hannibal after Huck returns from
his trip down the Mississippi. I'd be happy to send you a sample if it would
be useful.

Best wishes
david hoopes