Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 09:10:49 GMT
David-
   Nice to hear from you again! i hold in my hands, Mark Twain A-Z, by R.
Kent Rasmussen, published by Facts on File, 1995.

It is subtitled The Essential Reference to His Life and Writings.

ISBN-0-8160-2845-1 (this is a unique number that the bookstore can use
to order the book). Cost is $45.00 US and 59.95 Canadian according
to the cover flap.

It is a great reference tool, containing a very complete index, and a large
suggested reading list, in addition to a chronology of books by MT.

It is about 8 1/2 x 11 inches on size, and has 552 pages. There is a great
map of the U.S showing where he lived, traveled, worked, etc.

And a good chronology of his life (15 pages!)divided into the following
headings:
Residences and Travel, Personal & Business, Writing & Publishing, Family &
Friends, Literary Events, Historical Events.

It's a fascinating work. We have purchased it for our Central library's
reference collection.

Thanks Mr. Rasmussen for the thorough job! Mary Lou Caskey, Assistant
Director, Mid-York Library System, Utica, NY