From:
"James S. Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:43:43 -0500
Elinor--Here's the information from the Mark Twain Circular (which
should reach Circle members before Christmas):

Mark Twain at MLA 2003

The Mark Twain Circle will sponsor the following sessions at the 2003
Modern Language Association annual convention in San Diego:

Session 63. Mark Twain and the Marketplace
Saturday, 27 December; 5:15-6:30 p.m.
Manchester Ballroom E, Manchester Grand Hyatt
Chair: Ann M. Ryan, Le Moyne C
1. "Consuming Angelfish," Peter Stoneley, Queen's U
2. "Trademark Twain," Loren D. Glass, Towson U
3. "Floating Capital: Race, Drift, and Desire on Twain's Mississippi,"
Stephanie Susan LeMenager, U of California, Santa Barbara

Session 223. Theorizing Humor, Reading Mark Twain
Sunday, 28 December; 10:15-11:30 a.m.
Madeleine A, Manchester Grand Hyatt
1. "Mark Twain and the Failures of Humor Studies," Bruce F. Michelson, U
of Illinois, Urbana
2. "Mark Twain and the Humor of Failure," Gregg Camfield, U of the Pacific
3. "Mark Twain and Philosophic Drollery in Letters from the Earth,"
Roger D. Lund, Le Moyne C

--Jim Leonard