From:
"J.Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:28:13 -0500
Recently I read that someone besides myself had given up on reading
Joan of Arc.  It did me good to hear that, 'cause as a regular guy
reader of this forum, I thought my omission of this Twain work just
proved that I was not a real Twain lover.  The last time I tried to
read it, I suffered a heart attack and found myself enjoying the
recovery from the by-pass surgery more than I'd been enjoying Joan.
While the doctors did not directly link my medical problems to my
reading material, I've thought it best since then to hold off on
finishing it until I felt stronger.  The knowledge that I was not alone
in finding some of Twain's work better than others got me to wondering.
  Would anyone care to make a list of .... say .... the three, or so,
best and three, or so, worst of Twain's works?  Just a list of the best
and worst.  I wouldn't even care if there were any explanations
involved.  I'd just like to see what people who really know what
they're talking about think.

Jerry Dean ...... still among the living in Beloit, KS