From:
Carmella Valente <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:11:38 -0500
Dear Twainiacs:
Saturday morning, I sat down to watch an adaptation of Huckleberry Finn with
Tony Randall and other unknowns in it.  To say it was dreadful is an
understatement.  I am certain that if Sam had been watching it, he would
have uttered some unmentionable words.  After a half an hour, I just
couldn't deal with it and turned it off.  Can you remember seeing either a
film or play presentation of Twain's works that was so terrible you wanted
to either cry or be sick?  On the other hand, would you please share with me
a time when you were delighted with how a dramatist or Hollywood director
handled a Twain literary work ?
Thank you.
Camy