From:
Barry Crimmins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:06:53 -0500
I think a "choice to terminate the list" would have more to do with
the fact that Chancellor Bochynski hasn't the option to simply turn
it over to someone else (software and host issues prevent this). I
bet for every gripe we see on the list, Kevin receives several more
off-list. Our affable and selfless friend has been caught in between
for years now.

That said, I found the recent ugliness entertaining and edifying and
I definitely was swayed - Go Longhorns! (or is that a different
list?) Anyway, I don't have to deal with constant demands to mediate
and rectify grievances. Kevin's been doing it for years and he's
stuck continuing the job unless he pulls the plug. If that happens we
have to find a new home for the list.

Perhaps we should develop a new list or two for Twain devotees so
that there are options for all of us, Kevin included. Whatever
happens, I'd like to thank Kevin for doing this thankless job with
graciousness and competence.

Yours in uncharacteristic moderation,

Barry Crimmins