Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:26:14 -0500
7bit
Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Hello List,

I am in the process of reading for my Ph.D. comps in American Studies at the
University of Texas.  One of my four lists is a literature list focused on
American Realism.  I have decided to include a substantial subsection of
this list on Mark Twain.

I was wondering what people would suggest as the most important 10-15 books
on Mark Twain to read as part of a background on Twain.  While I have read
much on Twain in the past, I am trying to get a scholarly consensus on the
most important/influential books on Twain.

Feel free to respond on or off list.  Thanks,

Tracy Wuster
American Studies, UT Austin